8 Ways Buying In Multiples Will Save You Time And Money
I read an article a couple years ago about how successful people tend to wear the same thing day in and day out. They buy the same thing in multiples, multiple colors in the same item or multiples of the exact same item in a neutral like black or grey, and wear it day in and day out.
This is top of mind for me, as a number of Sarah Liller SF clients purchase pieces that they love in multiples. One woman owns my Penelope jumpsuit in five different colors, another owns the Josie Dress and Katie Dress in 2-3 colors each. Yet another bought my new Felicity dress at a trunk show and loved it so much that she bought the exact same dress from my website two days later.
I, personally, have also practiced this. I have the same Everlane cardigan in 2 colors – black and navy, and I wear it almost every day. I buy the same cut of jeans every year. Of course, it’s fun to try new things, but if you’re going for efficiency, buying in multiples is the way to go.
Here are some ways that buying in multiples will save you time and money:
- You know your size already, so you don’t need to try it on
- You don’t need to spend time shopping around, if you need something new, you have a go-to
- You're less likely to buy things you won’t wear. You know that you love this particular style and there’s evidence you’ll wear it again and again
- You already know the shoes and accessories that work with that style – saving you time getting ready in the morning
- It requires less mental energy to get ready – you can spend that mental energy on another creative project
- You’re more willing to invest in your wardrobe with pieces that will last longer, and since cost per wear will be lower, you’ll save money in the long run.
- Packing will be way easier, since you know exactly what works and what you’ll wear every day.
- You’ll feel more confident knowing that you’ll always have something to wear.
Tell me what your favorite item is in the comments and how many you own of it!